This book defines, identifies, and analyzes UX practices for XR environments and reviews the techniques and tools for prototyping and designing XR user interactions. You’ll approach the design for experiential state and spatial cognition, using established UX key performance indicators, while taking into account the social dynamics, emotional framework and wider industry context.
UX design and strategy for the XR space is a new frontier, so UX for XR focuses on case studies and industry research to illustrate the relationship between UX design and the growth of immersive technologies. Practical examples will demonstrate how you should apply UX design principles using designing interactions in XR by identifying the importance of spaces, senses and storyboarding.
What You’ll Learn
• Explore the challenges and opportunities of designing for XR
• See how spatial interaction is revolutionizing human computer interaction
• Examine sensory input and interaction beyond the screen
• Work with 3D Interaction Design and build a strong 3D UX
• Understand VR and augmented reality essentials for emotion-rich user experiences
• Apply UX research techniques for the XR space
Who This Book Is For
This book is primarily for UX designers, consultants, and strategists; XR developers; and media professionals
Download UX for XR: User Experience Design and Strategies for Immersive Technologies (Design Thinking)