Free Download PDF Renal Diet Cookbook: The Low Sodium, Low Potassium, Healthy Kidney Cookbook
Better eating for healthier kidneys ― the renal diet cookbook and meal plan.
While a kidney disease diagnosis can be overwhelming, you’re not alone. Nearly 26 million adults are affected by chronic kidney disease, but there is hope: your diet. In the Renal Diet Cookbook, renal dietician Susan Zogheib, MHS, RD, LDN provides a 28-day plan to establish long-term dietary changes to slow the progression of kidney disease. She knows it can be confusing to figure out which foods to eat and which to avoid. In her comprehensive renal diet cookbook, she details weekly meal plans featuring recipes that keep your potassium, sodium, and phosphorous levels in check.
The Renal Diet Cookbook removes the mystery and stress of figuring out what foods to eat, with:
- Targeted weekly meal plans to preserve your kidney health
- Recipe modifications for dialysis patients
- Helpful FAQs about managing chronic kidney disease
Recipes in the Renal Diet Cookbook include: Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast, Baba Ganoush, Roasted Beef Stew, Baked Mac and Cheese, Herb Pesto Tuna, Persian Chicken, Honey Bread Pudding, and much more!
More than a recipe book, The Renal Diet Cookbook is your 28-day action plan to kick-start a kidney-healthy diet.
From the Publisher
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place the garlic on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and fold the foil into a little packet. Place the packet in a pie plate and roast the garlic for about 20 minutes or until very soft.
3. Remove the garlic from the oven; set aside to cool.
4. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Saute the onion for about 4 minutes or until soft. Add the watercress and parsley; saute 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the water and roasted garlic pulp. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
6. Simmer the soup for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
7. Cool the soup for about 5 minutes, then puree in batches in a food processor (or use a large bowl and a handheld immersion blender), along with the heavy cream.
8. Transfer the soup to the pot, and set over low heat until warmed through.
9. Add the lemon juice and season with pepper.
Publisher:Rockridge Press; 1st edition (November 17, 2015)
Item Weight:1.38 pounds
Dimensions:7.5 x 0.7 x 9.25 inches